We have come to the end of an era here in Scoil Éanna! After thirty five years of dedicated service, this week marks the last week of Margaret McCluskey’s service as a teacher in our school. We all wish her many years of health and happiness as she goes off to pursue adventures new and to spend more time with family!
There was a lovely farewell service for Margaret in Scoil Éanna last Tuesday. I want to thank all those who attended and also those who assisted with the preparations and on the actual day. Sincere thanks to Fr La who made a special effort to be present. Thanks also to the members of Boards of Management over the years, the members of past Parents’ Associations and indeed some past pupils who also attended. Everyone is very grateful for the contribution of the Parents’ Association to the life of the school and once again they provided very welcome refreshments after this event and contributed significantly to the social side of the day.
Presentations were made to Margaret by Fr Owen Joe and Sharon Caraher on behalf of the Board of Management and by Michelle Markey and Carmel Harte on behalf of the Parents’ Association. Two third class pupils, Teigan O’Neill and Jack Forde, presented a gift from all the children in the school. Mrs McCluskey gave a lovely speech and thanked everyone for all their good wishes and kind words.
I would like to record again our sincere appreciation for all the work the Parents’ Association do to enhance the educational experience of all the children of the school. We are grateful for their contributions towards gymnastic lessons for all children, but especially for their ready assistance and support of all school events, most recently being the Fun Run on Friday last. Your presence and co-operation ensure all these events are memorable for the right reasons!
School will re-open on Monday 3rd of September at 9.15am. As usual Junior and Senior Infants will line up at the front door. First Class will line up in the yard for the first time and teachers will be available to organise this for the first few mornings. Junior Infants will be finishing school at 12.30pm for the first two weeks in September. From Monday 17th September the Junior Infant school day will end at the usual 2.00pm.
The following is the list of mainstream class teacher allocation for the coming school year:
Junior Infants Ms Deirdre McDonald Senior Infants Mrs Lisa Brennan First Class Mrs Helen Carroll Second Class Ms Paula McDermott Second Class To be appointed
Third Class Ms S Tinnelly/Mrs L McAnespie (Job-share)
Fourth Class Mr Martin McGinn
Fifth Class Mr Noel Duffy
Sixth Class Ms Hannah McKenna
The following teachers will be working on our Special Education Team: Mrs Diane Murphy, Mrs Liz Duffy, Mrs Éadaoin Woods, Mrs Áine Milne and Mrs Wendy Flood.
We would ask that all children will again return in full uniform come September. Uniform consists of our sky blue sweater with school crest, a white polo shirt and grey trousers, skirt or pinafore. If wearing a skirt or pinafore white or grey socks or tights may be worn. There is also a navy tracksuit bottoms for PE days. Black shoes or runners must also be worn and we recommend Velcro fastenings for all children who cannot tie laces.
We would also like to remind you of the following
- Any haircuts that are shaven less than blade two – either part or full head – are not permitted
- Unnatural hair colour, including bleach, is not permitted
- Symbols or designs cut into hair are not permitted
- For health and safety reasons only one pair of stud earrings may be worn
- Girls’ shoes should not have high heels.
As in previous years, the school will organise a Book Rental scheme. The cost this year will again be €80 which covers Art and Craft, photocopying, school diaries (1st – 6th) and Pupil Personal Accident Insurance which is underwritten by Allianz for ALL CHILDREN.
- All requisites for Infants to 2nd class are included on the scheme – copies, folders etc.
- 3rd to 6th class will receive all their books but copies need to be purchased by parents.
- All children will have access to all the reading materials and other books they require for the various schemes of work over the course of the year.
Again this year you will be welcome to pay the fees as follows:
- The school will be open on Monday 27th and Tuesday 28th August from 11am – 2pm to receive payments.
- Fees may be paid in full, or by instalments
- Payments may also be made by cheque and posted to the school address during the school holidays – in full or by instalments
- Unfortunately, due to financial constraints, we are unable to provide books to the small minority who have not paid full fees for last year, or who have failed to contact the school to discuss this.
- If paying by instalments all fees must be paid by the end of December 2018
- If you wish to negotiate an alternative payment method, please do not hesitate to make contact.
Finally, we would like to wish all members of Rang 6 the very best of luck as they move on to post-primary school. They will be remembered here in Scoil Éanna as a very cohesive group who formed some great friendships which I hope will support them as they move to post-primary school. We are sure they will continue to do themselves and their families proud as they move into the next phase of their education!
On behalf of all the staff of Scoil Éanna we would like to wish you and your family a very enjoyable summer break and we look forward to your continued co-operation and support for the new school year. School will close at 12 noon on Friday 22nd June and buses will run at this time.